Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wow!! Last post was in January? 12 months ago--unbelievable

Well it is now December and have neglected this blog for a very long time----much of this neglect stems from being a little gunshy about posting my life online--very recently after my last post almost a year ago I had a meeting with a guy and out of the blue he asked me a question. I was kinda like "HUH?" and then realized that this guy had read my blog prior to this meeting---it felt a little awkward so........havent posted in the last year.

This blog is/was mainly meant to sort of be kind of a journal for myself---too many times I cant remember when some event happened I just sort of recall what else was going on at the time of the event----so I figured I would blog it and be able to document these events in a blog sort of timeline.

Anyhow---here is what is going on right now----still sitting on a bunch of real estate--7 houses---that is a pile of cash that is just waiting to be converted. For much of this year with everything in the economy looking kooky----I felt pretty good about having my cash in a hard tangible asset like real estate----I figured even if the economy completely took a dump I was in a better position with real estate than cash or stocks. Well---although the real estate market has stabilized (somewhat) there is still a ton of fear out there from buyers as well as lenders---so the time has come to sell of my inventory of houses.

I had two properties listed in the last 3-6 months and as of yesterday have two of the properties in escrow--now lets close them. Next on my list is a commercial property that I bought about 5 months ago----It has a pretty interesting "Light Industrial" zoning with super freeway access and you can see it from the freeway itself so--this should make a pretty good rental. I have zero interest in being a landlord but, in this case I am going to give it a try---after that sell the ranch. Funny thing is that I spent about 5K in September cleaning the 5 acres of landscaping and gutting the house only to leave the property vacanct for the last two months---I havent even been over there---nutty.

Kids are getting out of school for winter break next week and we are going to the cabin and begin putting our season passes to work--my goal this year is for me to get 30 days of snowboarding---that would make me feel good. I recently bought a bunch of cameras to tape the action of the kids --got a Vhold HD for my helmet and a super small Kodac for my pocket.

OK---I know this was a boring post but, had to get started with something. Next post will be some vids of the kids. I also am working on some tech ideas---one is for a pretty interesting Iphone App and another is a product post syndication concept. Neither one seems to be out there right now so..I need to get out of these real estate positions and start working on some different stuff.

No comments: